Purchase or Pick Up Pre-Ordered Plants on March 16
What: Annual Plant Sale (hosted by Eastern and Central Klickitat Conservation Districts)
When: Saturday, March 16, 2024 | 9:00am-12:00pm
Where: Klickitat County Fairgrounds 903 N. Fairgrounds Road, Goldendale, WA 98620 (exhibit building)
We offer a variety of plants to meet your needs at our Annual Plant Sale, with a particular focus on native plants for your garden and landscaping.
Supplies are limited. You may buy plants the day of the sale, but the best way to guarantee we’ll have what you need is to pre-order on the EKCD website.
PLANT SALE PRE-ORDERS & PICK-UP
Plant sale pre-orders are open now through February 26 through our online shop.
Please note, we do not ship or deliver plants — all pre-ordered plants must be picked up on March 16 between 9:00am-12:00pm at the fairgrounds.
On the day of the sale, customers who pre-ordered plants will identify themselves at the plant pick-up area, which will be marked with signs. One of our staff members will retrieve your order for you.
All plants we sell are marked with the following categories to help you decide what will work best for you and your property:
- Deer Resistant: Most likely will not be bothered by or browsed upon by deer.
- Drought Resistant: Can withstand extended periods of low water availability. Remember that all new plantings need extra water for establishment.
- Fall Color: Produce incredibly colorful fall foliage.
- Fire Resistant: Wise choices for homeowners in the wildland interface.
- Fragrant: Produce a particularly strong and pleasant fragrance.
- Native: Plants were present in North America before European exploration. While not every native occurs naturally in every part of the continent, most of the natives on our list do occur naturally in the northwestern US.
- Pollinator Friendly: Natural attractants for a variety of pollinators, including butterflies and bees. They are essential to the overall health of the native ecosystem.
- Wildlife Friendly: Wildlife refers not only to deer but other large game animals, songbirds, and game birds. It also includes small mammals and reptiles, which provide food for larger animals and birds of prey.