Eastern Klickitat Conservation District holds annual plant sales in order to provide a convenient source of plants for conservation and landscape planting, and to raise money for conservation projects in the district throughout the year. We also do special orders.
NOTE LOCATION CHANGE: The 2020 plant sale pick-up will be determined closer to April 18, 2020, due to the COVID-19 virus.
To request a catalog by mail or email, contact Angel at (509)773-5823 x 5, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The installation of these plants will benefit Klickitat County and its residents in many ways, including, but not limited to:
- Improved soil structure and stability
- Increased water infiltration
- Reduced soil erosion by water and/or wind
- Increase shading of streams, resulting in lower water temperatures and improved fish habitat
- Enhanced habitat for wildlife and birds
- Reduced nutrient, sediment, and chemical runoff into ground– and/or surface water
- Edible berries and nuts for human use
- Improved aesthetics
- Water conservation due to replacement of plants with high water requirements
- Improved physical and psychological well-being resulting from fresh air, exercise, and social interaction
Special thanks to the Goldendale Grange for letting us use their building on pick-up day!